Monday, December 10, 2007

xmas concert

Our choir (Sacramento Choral Society) finished the last of a marathon xmas programs this weekend. It was a lot of fun but tiring this week. I had planned to bake my xmas cookies but decided not to as I would just eat them and then have a problem fitting into my dress. We sang songs from Bach "Magnificat" to "Jingle Bells". It's a new choir for me, I spent the last four years singing with the Gospel choir out at Cosumnes River JC. Now that was fun. Not as much "moving and shaking" in this one. It was soooo nice having my family, Don and Kids and spouses, my sister, my mom (88), my neice Linda, Terri and their grandson, Little Will, friends (all this time) from high school (Waaaaay back), Stef and Rebecca, Friends Jan and Butch, Elsie, Dawn, cousins Max, Ellen and Lynell, and old friend Gwen, and my best friend's (Stef, we lived next door to each other since we were 7, she died in 1994. I have know her sister all her life) sister, Becky, all there Sat. night. We sang at the Memorial Auditorium in Sacramento (about 1700) Friday and Sat, and then again sunday at the Mondavi Music Hall at UC Davis (about the same amount of people). Ronale and Lacy Berry sing in it and talked me into auditioning this year. There are 170 in the choir with a great conductor, Dr. Donald Kendrick. I'm just trying to stay under the radar and look like I know what I'm doing.

3 comments:

Shana said...

It was so much fun and it sounded wonderful!!! I think my favorite was the beginning. It was so neat to be surrounded by beautiful music! Although Joe made me laugh by saying that the "candles" looked like air traffic control wands! :) I just love Christmas music! Glad you joined, and I'm sure they are too! :)

Shana said...

I didn't think to bring my camera... To bad, we'll have to bring it next time so you can post a picture too!

Cari said...

I thought it was alot of fun too. A fancy night out! I can't wait until we can take the kids to the Friday concert! I liked the beginning too, I thought it was real dramatic and pretty in a ceremonial-tyle way. The group singalong was fun too.