Friday, December 21, 2007

Whooo Hooo!

Shana found out yesterday that she and Joe are going to have a baby boy. So that's 3girls and 2 boys. Good balance. Jim and Alyssa have been busy getting the babies' room finished. She is due at the end of February but will have to go on "Pleeeeze sit down Alyssa" rest starting soon, like, now. She is a mover so it's going to be kinda hard. My "I love my Job" babysitting grandgirlies is taking a hiatus while Cari takes next semester off and Shana is finished with her Master's in English Lit. I get little odd jobs now and then, Dr.'s apt, hair apt., etc., but it's not quite feeding my "need" to see my gg's. We will have them all over on xmas eve and then my family (mom, 2 sisters and their families, cousins, aunt, etc.) over for xmas day. As an added challenge to cooking xmas feast, my stove stopped working. And yep, everyone is booked through the holidays. So after a period of hyperventilating, wringing my hands, and the inevitable taking it out on the husband, we pulled out the electric skillet and the hotplate, and will get my exercise for the day walking back and forth from the guest house. AHHHHHH xmas memories. :) Have a wonderful Holiday!

2 comments:

Cari said...

no stove?? You can handle that! Imagine your a pioneer woman. Just lace up your boots, tie your corset and get to work!

Martine Irene said...

Hi Eve, thanks for posting all the great pictures!

Too bad about the inopportune time for the stove to quit!!! My stove quit a few days b/4 Thanksgiving also, but luckily I was able to get a repairman out to fix it!!

By the way, it's hors d'oeuvres that Alyssa made. I never did like that word because I can't remember how to spell it plus ask Shana how I used to pronounce it!!! It wasn't even close to 'orderves' like it should be spelled!!!

I bet you are getting excited for all the grandbabies coming. I know I can't wait for the two new little boys in the future. Kyra is looking really pregnant but isn't due until Feb. 21st. It must be because she's so small.

Take care, Martine Irene:)