Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy 2010
















It was a wonderful and magical Christmas and I hope it was for everyone. It feels like I haven't blogged for a long time but my computer was so slow and tended to freeze (I blamed Norton because it started when I put it on) so I shyed away from pictures but now I have a new lap top so hopefully I can be up and running again.










Christmas Eve we had all the kids and grandkidlets over for a yummy primerib and bakedpotato dinner with all the festive foods to go with it. After cleaning up, Santa Clause (aka Don) came to pass out presents. It was a hoot! Lukie and Mia were having none of it, and very vocally!!! Elijah wasn't real sure but was sticking real close to his mom just in case, which is kinda the norm anyway :), Savannah is only 9 months so she's just watching to see what happens, but Chloe and Scarlett were mesmorized! It was soooo fun. The funniest moment was when Santa asked the girls if they've been naughty or nice and Chloe immediately said, "Scarlett's been naughty." She totally threw her under the bus. We all just cracked up. (as an aside...that's a 3 year old's opinion, her nana's opinion is that she's been perfect all year, hence all the gifts. :) We decided that Santa maybe shouldn't stay too long as we didn't want to tramatize Luke and Mia so next year they might talk to him. Yep...this is going to be a Strassburg family tradition.










Christmas day was a small family dinner with my mom and sister, and my neice, Marila, Don's brother Lee, and Joe and Shana, Chloe and Eli, Cari and Juan, Scarlett and Savannah, and Juan's sister Clara. We were missing my Sister Diane and her husband from Virginia City, Nevada, and my sister's son Carl, who lives in Spain, and my aunt and cousin who live here but my aunt lost her teeth again and they couldn't make it. :) We missed them all! But glad to have my mom again. In all my 57 years I have never missed a Christmas with my mom. She turned 90 this year.

No comments: